This is a recipe that somehow miraculously made the cinnamon rolls so nice and fluffy, a texture that often lacks from home-made buns. Unless you are a more experienced baker and have tried many, many recipes in advance… Our young volunteers added some sparkling effects and in the picture you can see, what came out! Add your own twist.
* 50 g fresh yeast (approx. 22 g instant yeast)
* 5 dl milk
* 2 eggs
* 2 dl sugar
* 2 teaspoons of salt
* 1 tablespoon of ground cardamom
* approx. 16 dl flour
* 150 – 200 g margarin or butter
* 100 g butter
* 1 dl sugar
* 2 tablespoons of cardamom
* Egg, for brushing the rolls before going to the oven.
* cake decorations, (granulated) sugar, almond flakes etc.
1. Dissolve yeast to a hand-warm milk (instant yeast with other dry ingredients).
2. Add eggs, sugar, spices and part of flour.
3. Mix the dough even.
4. Gradually mix rest of flours to the dough, until it does not stick on the sides of the bowl anymore.
5. Add melted/soft butter.
6. Let the dough rise to double under kitchen towel.
7. Roll the dough to two 60 x 30 cm sheets.
8. Spread soft butter on the sheets and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Tip: The more the better.
9. Poll the sheets from long ends, and leave “the seam” underneath.
10. Cut the rolls with sharp knife diagonally to triangle-shaped pieces.
11. Put the pieces the narrow side up on a baking tray, and push gently down to the bottom.
12. Let the rolls rise again under kitchen towel.
13. Brush egg on the rolls and sprinkle with… now comes your twist!
14. Bake in oven (middle) 225c for approx. 8 minutes.
The original recipe is from Valio.