* 2.25 liter flour
* 225 g butter or margarine
* 3 dl syrup or molasses
* 1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon
* 1 tablespoon of ginger powder
* 1 tablespoon of clove powder
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
1. Mix butter/margarine, sugar and syrup very well. Add water, cinnamon, ginger, clove and baking soda.
2. Knead in the flour and place the dough in the fridge over night to let the spices enhance.
3. Roll the dough on floured table and cut the cookies with cookie cutters of your choice.
4. Place cookies on baking tray.
5. Bake the cookies on baking tray in 200-225°C oven for approx. 8 minutes depending on the size and thickness of the cookies.
6. Decorate the cookies.
* 1 egg white
* approx. 225-250 g powder sugar
(food colouring and cake decorations)
1. Mix the powder sugar with egg white. It takes a while before the sugar becomes moisturized. First mix carefully, and finally powerfully, so that all lumps are smoothed.
2. If the mix is too thick, you can dilute it with small drops of water.
3. To colour the mix, you need food and caramel colouring.
4. You can also add candies, nonpareils and other cake decorations to the cookies.