These sausages are quite spooky, don’t you think? They are super easy to make and every year on Halloween – we can tell – there has been absolutely nothing left.
* 8 sausages
* 1 sheet puff, croissant or similar pastry
You can make more! This is how much pastry approximately is needed for 8 sausages.
* 1 beaten egg to glaze
* ketchup/mustard/seeds for eyes, dipping
1. Preheat oven to 200c.
2. Cut the sheets of pastry into thin strips to form your bandages.
3. Wrap a pastry strips around each sausage to cover the mummy’s body in bandage. Leave space for a face. Tip: To make babies, you can cut some sausages in two.
4. Brush with beaten egg.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry looks golden and the sausages are fully cooked.
6. Let the mummies cool down.
7. Decorate the faces with ketchup or mustard. These mummies’ eyes we have made with flax seeds.